A Game of Thrones Stag Do
Posted in Stag Party Ideas & Advice by Kimberly Low on 18/08/2016
It’s about time somebody throws an epic Game of Thrones stag do and that person should be you!
You’ve read the books, you’ve watched the TV show and yet, when it comes to incorporating the story into your stag do you have nothing? Well, don’t you worry lads, I am here to give you a few ideas to successfully pull off A Game of Thrones inspired stag do.
1. Find a castleFirst of all, you have to find the perfect venue for your Game of Thrones stag do and there’s just no better place than a castle! If renting a castle is not on the budget, then I guess you just have to work with what you’ve got. Having the lights dimmed and some well-placed decorations should be able to bring you and your boys straight to Westeros.
2. Put on medieval costumesCheck out your neighbourhood costume shop or go online to find realistic medieval costumes. Bring out your inner warrior with chainmail and a lance. Concerned about your mobility while partying? Well, the costumes are made of foam and light material, not actual iron, c’mon! Don’t forget to take a sharpie to your arms to write “valar morghulis”, as in “all men must die”.
3. Learn to use a bow and arrowTake the lads to an archery session for a seriously fun session of living out your fantasies as medieval soldiers. Pretend to be shooting at White Walkers or those dirty wildlings. If you have never shot an arrow before, don’t worry as you will be briefed by professionals. Before you know it, you will be primed to play an extra on the set of Game of Thrones.
4. Tuck into a medieval feastAll those fighting and scheming in the Seven Kingdoms requires plenty of nourishment. Think lots of meat, potatoes, fresh fruits, cheese, beers and mulled wines. You can even take it up a notch by having someone cater to the theme. Fancy devilled eggs called Dragon Eggs? Cake-pops that look like Ned Stark’s severed head? A potent brew of Irish coffee called Milk of the Poppy? You get the idea.
5. Game of Thrones decorationsThis in my opinion is the most fun part of throwing a Game of Thrones stag party. There are a few websites selling GoT party decorations but if you’re feeling like DIY, use lots of candles (be careful not to burn down the venue), make your own iron throne decal to stick to chairs, print out house banners on cardboards or foamboards, get toy dragons/wolves from Poundland, write and paint your own dragon eggs. The sky is the limit thanks to the abundant of references available in the series.
I hope with these tips you will be able to pull off an epic Game of Thrones stag do. Something epic is coming!